Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Terms of Endearment

So I have never been big on using terms of endearment like dear, honey, snugglebuns, etc. DH and I even have a standing joke about "darling" since for the first couple of years we were married, he inadvertently would only use the term when he was slightly annoyed with what I had done or was gently teasing me about something brainless I had done. In fact, we really only use one term of endearment for each of us; in both cases one derived from our names.

So nothing has surprised me more than how many names I can come up with to call Kiddo.

Cutie, sweetie, honey, sweetums, love bug, sweetheart, cute boy, buddy... and that is where I get myself into trouble.

These words have started flowing so freely for me that I have accidentally started calling DH buddy. Every time I do it, he raises his eyebrows at me and says "Buddy?"

But I can't help it. It seems the dam has broken and he really ought to be glad it isn't snugglebuns!

1 comments:

Paul P said...

Seriously! When she does it, I think, "Did you get us confused? Because 'Buddy' is that guy in your arms. My name is not 'Buddy.' :)