Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 18, 2007

The bi-annual interview

Since C and Kiddo are still out of town, I don't have much "daddy-related" stuff to write about, but I thought I'd share a funny experience that happened to me this week.

It was time for my bi-annual temple recommend interview this week, so I made my appointment with the stake and even showed up on time. I serve as the EQ president in my ward, so I'm very familiar with the Stake Presidency. The counselor I met with was the one that I do my regular PPI interviews with for the EQ.

When he got to the question where he asks if I regularly attend my church meetings including Priesthood meeting, I started to laugh, then replied in the affirmative.

He looked at me quizzically.

"Well," I explained, "I would imagine that if an EQ president had stopped attending meetings regularly, a temple recommend interview probably wouldn't be the first time you'd hear about it."

Well, I was amused. I recognize the standard-ness of the question, and the need to ask it, but it just struck me as funny when I heard it this time.

0 comments: