Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 23, 2007

Daily dose of antibodies

When C and Kiddo came back from California, they came home to:

  • A clean bedroom

  • A straightened kitchen

  • A cleaned bathroom

  • A kiddo-ready crib and bedroom AND

  • A sick husband

Welcome home.

I was actually feeling fine until about 2 hours after they got home, when I started to get a sore throat. I wondered for a bit whether or not it really was a cold, but by Tuesday morning, it was abundantly clear: I was sick.

I stayed home from work, in an effort to quarantine myself and keep my co-workers safe from my bio-hazard cold, but that means that instead of sharing with my co-workers, I shared with C and with Kiddo.

Who are both now sick.

And it's C's birthday today. Um, happy birthday, honey?

I did have hope for a while that they wouldn't get sick. In fact, I hoped that C's body would produce the necessary antibodies to keep both her and Kiddo from getting whatever ugly virus had invaded my system.

As Kiddo would eat, I'd inform him of the necessity of getting good antibodies to prevent him from getting sick.

Unfortunately it didn't work. Kiddo started getting sick on Wednesday evening, and C started getting sick last night. Kiddo's temperature is hovering near 310.9 Kelvin. Sounds pretty bad, huh.

Anyway, now I'm headed back to work (albeit late) and leaving poor Kiddo and C to fend for themselves at home today. I'm hoping they'll get better.

C and I promised to share everything when we got married. Is it too late to amend the agreement to exclude viruses?

0 comments: