Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Psychology of Sleep

Last night Kiddo slept for another 6 1/2 hour stretch. The great news of the day? I slept through 5 hours of it. Now, kiddo did wake up three times; and three times my DH (and I mean dear) got up and put the plug back in and Kiddo went back to sleep. What is weird is that I never heard him cry...

It turns out that even though the monitor is right over my head and I am very attuned to his noises, when I feel no responsibility for responding to Kiddo--based on a previous tactical decision--I don't hear Kiddo, much less wake up for it.

What is funny is that 2 weeks ago, DH could sleep through any nighttime escapades without stirring. Now he wakes up and takes care of the Kiddo before I even hear him.

Seems that the person who feels the responsibility is more likely to wake up.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Ooh! I remember those nice, longer stretches of sleep! AND being able to gain some sanity back because of that refreshing little word- sleep! It seems so far away and yet, in another 3 months, it's all too close!

Your little kiddo is a doll! ENJOY the littleness of him now! I still miss my daughter being that small; I wish I had taken advantage of it more. We'll see if I'm still saying that when this little girl arrives! LOL!

I can't imagine having to go through taking care of a newborn all by myself! Our husband's are such blessings most of the time!