Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Feeding the ducks

Kiddo and I went to feed the ducks tonight while C was at work. We had a fun time. Well, at least I had a fun time. Kiddo slept through most of it. I don't know that I've ever fed ducks before.

One of C's ideas to keep Kiddo happy while she was gone was to put Kiddo in the front pack and go for a walk. I thought that sounded fun, so when Kiddo started to fuss a little bit, I put him in the front pack and off we went. Our condo complex has a couple of duck ponds near the entrance, and we have around 100 ducks who have camped out there for the winter.

Today, as we were walking towards the pond, I saw that there were two Canadian geese there as well. "Cool," I thought. I mean, Canadian geese are know for their beauty right?

When I started feeding the ducks, though, the geese crowded out all the ducks and chased them away so that the ducks couldn't get into the main area where I was throwing the bread. If I started throwing the bread towards where the ducks were cowering in the corner, the geese ran over that way and chased the ducks away. I had to keep throwing the bread in multiple directions in order to feed more than the geese.

What pigs those geese were! Beauty, apparently, isn't everything.

0 comments: