Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Movie Ratings

I don't go see a lot of movies. The most recent movie we saw in the theater was Cars, which admittedly wasn't that long ago. But we maybe go once every three months or so. All of this is just to say, we haven't been to see any of the new movies recently. All my intelligence on new movies has been gathered from a variety of sources, including my friend D.

I'll be honest. I don't think D is a very reliable source for a movie review. For example, I heard that the new installment in the Pirates of the Caribbean series is quite violent, and was long and mostly a waste of time. D loved the movie. When D was describing the movie to me, he told me that he thought the movie was so violent that 20 years ago it probably would have gotten an R rating. I said, "Well, then I'm really not interested in going to see it."

D said, "Well, it wasn't really that bad." Then he continued, "I mean, I wouldn't take anybody under eight years old to see it, because it was PG-13 for a reason."

D, can you run that by me again? Are we unclear on the concept?

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Hi! I found your blog from dandelion mama! I'm new to this whole blog thing and very much enjoy reading others' blogs! Yours seems like it'll be a fun one to read!

My husband and I had a really hard time with the whole movie rating system thing and we'd end up feeling really mislead by the movie industry! We really felt that some PG-13 movies should be R and some rated R movies should've been PG-13! We found this website that tells you exactly what you'll see in the particular movie that you're looking for! It's great! Thought that you might like it! www.kids-in-mind.com.

By the way- I thought Pirates 2 was GREAT! It was heavier on the violence, but everyone is different on what they want to see!