Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Drop everything: kiddo is calling!

Its been a while since I've been able to update this blog regularly. Sorry about that. Everybody who has kids told me how all-encompassing having children was going to be, and I won't say that I didn't believe them -- because I did -- I just didn't totally understand what "all-encompassing" really meant.

Anyway, Kiddo is doing great. He is a joy and we feel so blessed to have been able to share this Christmas season with our little angel. He is absolutely adorable in every way, and every time I look at him I'm overwhelmed by the recognition that is this miracle child. In the end I think I keep expecting his real parents to come pick him up (because how could he really be ours?). So far they haven't showed up, but I'll let you know.

Kiddo, as I said, is doing great. When he came home from the hospital, we were administering IV antibiotics to an IV port in his head every twelve hours. Additionally, he was on oxygen. We even got a hospital-quality pulse oximeter to monitor his oxygen saturation. Well, we finished his antibiotics the week he came home from the hospital, and the doctor removed the IV port. (Kiddo didn't like that very much; in particular, he didn't like the tape being removed from his head as it pulled out his hair. Yeah, it wasn't really fun.) And last week we were able to remove him from the oxygen. We kept monitoring his saturation, and for the most part, he's done great. So great, that we called the home health care people today to have them come pick up the equipment.

So I'm pleased to report that Kiddo has a clean bill of health. He is sleeping on my lap while I type this post.

Check that, he woke up as I was typing that post. I spent the next 30 minutes trying to sooth him. Now his mom is trying. Anyway, I'm supposed to be working. It is a work-from-home week for me. I thought I'd have vacation for it, but I took too much when Kiddo was born, so I get to work this week. It's okay, particularly because I get to do it at home.

Ok. So he started squirming again, and I had to leave this post. Now it is the new year, and I *still* haven't updated my blog.

I think I'm just going to post this with a best wishes for a happy new year for everybody out there. I'll work on this blog updating thing. :)

1 comments:

tracy m said...

He he he! It's always fun to hear from newbie parents and see how they're adjusting. And, it's fun to say "we told you so!"... ;)

Now, just imagine doing what you're doing with a few more little kids running/crawling around! Oh, the fun is yet to begin!

Glad his health is doing so well. Keep up the good work, and get some sleep!