Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday thoughts

A couple of thoughts for this Friday afternoon, in no particular order:

Ticker math?
The logic of the ticker math defies me. OK, it doesn't defy me, but we don't count the same way. By my count, Kiddo is seven weeks old today. That count is based on (oddly enough) it being exactly seven weeks since he was born. He was born on Friday, December 1st. Today is his 50th day of life, which means today marks the first day of the 8th week of his life.

The ticker, however, thinks that Kiddo is 1 month, 2 weeks, and 4 days old. It seems to me that if by my count, Kiddo is exactly 7 weeks old, that the ticker should have us at an even week, not randomly 4 days.

However, I've discovered how the ticker does its math. It counts it this way: on January 1, Kiddo was one month old. (Can't really argue that point.) And since January first, there has been two weeks four days. Thus, Kiddo is one month, two weeks and four days old.

See, the counter is counting in months and partial months, where I'm just counting in weeks. I just think its kind of bizarre to have my count complete a full week when the ticker's count is still mid-week.

Whatever.

Kiddo photos

We had some beautiful kiddo photos taken professionally. Really, they are stunning. I love our photographer. This is the third time we've used her, and I can't recommend her highly enough. We had such fun taking these pictures. Don't you think that he's adorable?

Our photographer has a website with examples of her work and contact information. It is located at http://www.haleyannwarner.com.

And just in case you're worried, we purchased the copyright to the photos, so I'm allowed to re-post them online. (Another thing I like about her: she sells the copyright if you want to purchase it!) And it isn't that expensive, either.

Reunited at last!
So last, but certainly not least, Kiddo and BW are coming home today!! I'm very exited. I get to go pick them up at the airport in about 3 hours. Grandma is sad to see them leave, but I'm very excited to see them come home again. Very, very excited. I'm having a hard time focusing at work, I'm so excited. :) Yay!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

What an adorable family! He is just so cute! Congrats again!

I've had problems with my pregnancy tickers! The dates never seem to be the same as your dates! Weird!

tracy m said...

What lovely pictures... and you certainly have has some downtime to have thought to much about ticker math!! He he he!

Welcome home to your family.