Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Just two more weeks!

This is getting so close that I'm getting giddy. I can't wait for this baby to come. I'm so excited to be a dad -- even if it means sleepless nights and poopy diapers and baby spit-up.

I have this aversion to all bodily fluids (and solids, too, for that matter), so the fact that I'd be excited about changing a diaper is kind of funny. But I'm excited for all of it. I'm ready for the whole shebang, if you know what I mean.

At the doctor's office for the weekly visit today we found out that C is 50% effaced, and dilated to one centimeter. That doesn't mean that this baby is coming any time soon--chances are good she'll still hang out until her Dec 7th due date--but at least we know that things are progressing normally. C's body is doing whatever 38-week-pregnant bodies do at 38 weeks.

We have a car seat, so my mom can stop freaking out. Seriously, about three weeks ago my mom called me on the phone and asked if we had a car seat yet.

"Not yet" I replied.

"You do realize that you can't take the baby home unless you have a car seat installed in your car, don't you?" My mom asked.

I'm trying to figure out if that was a real question. I mean, of course we know this. Does she honestly think we don't understand this? Or does she think that we would ever consider taking the baby in a moving vehicle without a car seat?

"Yes mom, I realize this. But we've still got five weeks. And even if the baby were to make an early appearance, I could still drop by Babies'Я'Us and get a car seat."

Seriously.

But she ended up buying us a car seat, so I shouldn't complain. She took us shopping and let us pick the one we wanted. That was pretty cool. So thanks, Mom. I appreciate it.

I kept hoping the baby would come early, but BW is hoping to get her thesis sign-off today. If not today, then for sure on Monday. At this point, the baby can come anytime after the thesis has been signed off. Even if that means a week late. I'll just be glad that the thesis is done.

Two more weeks! Horay!!

Don't worry, I'll post pictures. :)

1 comments:

tracy m said...

I'm so excited for you both! Can't wait for the good news...

Your world will never be the same.