Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Waxing Nostalgic (already)

By now you know that kiddo is going to be a big brother. I keep looking in stores for a cute t-shirt or onesie that says "big brother" but I haven't found it yet. Probably because Kiddo is still wearing 12-mo or smaller clothes. Oh well. Maybe when Baby2 comes along and Kiddo is 15 months old we'll be able to find something in his size.

They say that kids grow up fast. You see the commercials about how life comes at you fast. The parents put the baby in the car seat and then when they get in the front seat of the car, the baby in the car seat is now a teenager. I always thought the ads were kind of cute, but mostly hyperbole that I didn't believe or couldn't relate to.

Now I'm looking at Kiddo at 9 months and I'm thinking: "holy cow."

Most of you are parents, so you've long understood the realizations that I'm having as Kiddo hits 3/4 of a year old. Our little boy with the toothless smile is no more. Now he's got two bottom teeth and four ones coming in on the top. (As an aside, I have to say I feel bad for the poor kid. The first tooth ruptured on July 4th. Now, barely two months later, he's about to rupture the sixth tooth. I thought they were supposed to come at a rate of one a month?) Kiddo is crawling vigorously across the floor and pulls himself up on anything he can grab. He stands on two wobbly legs, and turns like he wants to walk away, and I'm afraid that all too soon he will.

My kid is only 9 months old, and I'm waxing nostalgic.

0 comments: