Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 27, 2007

What secret?

Last night I inadvertently shared a secret with my whole ward (i.e. church congregation). Me and my stinking big mouth.

We had a ward fireside and the speaker asked for a volunteer to help read a scripture. C and I were sitting on the second row, and she raised her hand. The speaker had her come up and stand next to him so she could be heard by the whole congregation. It became apparent that he intended for C to stay up there reading scriptures and writing on the chalk board, so a member of the ward leadership brought up a chair for C to sit on between readings.

The speaker quipped, "Why does she get a chair to sit on and I don't."

Without thinking, I blurted out, "Because she is expecting."

I think only about 3 people in the room knew the information before my little outburst.

What a way to make a public announcement. :) I guess since all my neighbors know now, we might as well tell all of you too!!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! I take it your wife isn't far enough along to be showing which means she probably didn't take kindly to this announcement?

You dads! We had a father in our ward announce they were expecting in Elder's Quorum without the wife knowing. After the meeting was over people started coming up to her with congratulations and she was totally freaked out (I think she was only a month or so along).

About your comment on my blog, could you send me a link to your discussion board or tell me how to set one up for a possible book club? I think that's how we'd have to do it and want to explore formats. Thanks for the good idea!

Inexperienced Mom said...

Actually, I am starting to barely show, though mostly because my clothes have stopped fitting much sooner this time around and I am already making the jump to maternity. But I guess heading into the 2nd trimester is an ok time to tell people...

tracy m said...

Congrats!! What happy news- they will close like my boys, and they will be wonderful. All the best for an easy and uneventful pregnancy.

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness! CONGRATULATIONS! It will be so nice for your little ones to be so close in age! I wish my 2 would have been closer.

Hope you are feeling well and having a healthy pregnancy so far!

Men! When they get excited about something they have a hard time keeping it in! What a way for everyone to find out! LOL!

Carrie said...

Oh- and thanks Inexperienced Dad for you understanding words on my blog about the dairy allergy! It's nice to know that other people know what you're going through!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It will be a great story through the years. When are you due? CONGRATULATIONS!!

Inexperienced Mom said...

I am due sometime in mid-March. Sounds like a good time to me! Thank you for all the good wishes!