Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Job Satisfaction

I love being a mom! I really do. I always thought I would love being a mom, but I am still somewhat surprised that the whole thing hasn't overwhelmed me. Of course, I'm only six months and 1 kiddo into the process, so maybe I'm just naive... On the other hand, I am hopefully learning things at a pace that will keep up with the challenges in parenting.

Some of the things that have allowed me to not get overwhelmed:

  1. A wonderful, supportive husband. There is not enough space on this blog for me to explain how wonderful he is in supporting me at this mother thing. Suffice it to say he is the best dad/husband we could ask for.
  2. I have ample opportunities to get out and do other things. I get to do tutoring a few days a week, I get out on my own every couple of days, etc.
  3. I have many other things to focus on. Things which make mothering not as intense, but that don't distract me for long periods of time: I volunteer with a youth exchange program, with our church, etc.
  4. I have absolutely the cutest little boy there is!

0 comments: