Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 21, 2006

The attitude of a two-year old

I was listening to my iPod the other day on my way to work, and one of the songs in my playlist begged to be blogged about. We negotiated, and I lost. So here I am, bending to the will of the song and writing about it.

There is a very funny song by Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband. It's called "Two-year Old Attitude." (See end of post for help on finding the song online.)

This song cracks me up. If you haven't heard it, it is a father describing his two-year old son's attitude. It includes lines like the following:

Now that he is two years old,
He thinks he is some kind of king.
Goes where he wants, He does what he wants
and gets into everything.
'Cauz wait until you get into a church
or a store or another public place,
and then he'll pout and he'll shout and
he'll rant and rave and he'll cry and
he'll scream until he his red in the face--
He's got a serious, serious,
serious, serious
Two-year old attitude.
I think this song cracks me up, in part, because I don't have a two-year old, but I have seen what they can be like. (But hey, maybe the song isn't so funny if you've had to endure toddler meltdown at Target. I dunno.)

But just wait. I'm sure my time will come.

In the mean time, enjoy the song.


Finding the Song online:

The song is available on iTunes; If you have iTunes you can click this link (or search the iTunes music store for): "2 yr. old attitude".

The sample that plays in iTunes, however doesn't include a part of the song where they are actually singing, though, so if you want to hear some of the words, you'll have to try one of these options:
  1. Yahoo music. Search Yahoo Music for Ryan Shupe (clicking the link will perform the search for you automatically). At the bottom of the page there is a list of songs. Two Year Old attitude is there, and you can hear a sample. (Its the button with the headphones icon.)
  2. Ryan Shupe website. Go to the music page of the Ryan Shupe website. The second album, "If I were a bird" includes the song, and from there you can hear a sample of this particular song. (Requires Quicktime.)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Aw! 2 year old attitude! We're so there right now! And the girls- they are just the biggest drama queens! I remember, before I had a kid of my own, thinking, "why can't that parent control their kid!" "I would never allow that kind of behavior!" HA! HA! HA!!! Boy, am I eating my words!

Just make sure to enjoy your little girl while she's a baby! They grow up TOO FAST!! When she's a toddler, you're going to be wishing she was that sweet, innocent, sleeping, baby again!

Lisa M. said...

I LOVE this song!

And the Ryan and Rubber band.