Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 25, 2006

Rambling, Jumbled Thoughts

Well, we made it through the rest of the alphabet. We came up with some interesting names, and I think that there are a couple that we really like that we'll keep thinking about. We'll see.

The delivery date is starting to loom. In some ways, December sounds SO FAR away. Then, in others, it seems that there is so much to do that at the pace we're going, none of it is ever going to get done. I think that on C's next appointment, the doctor is going to tell us to go to prenatal classes. Hmmmmm... Not sure what I think about that. I'm trying to reserve judgement, and I'm being mostly successful. On good days.

So, C and I will have the first grandchild on both sides of the family, which is fun. I think it means that Baby L (its an L day again) will get more spoiled. I think it also means that her arrival will require some, shall we say 'getting used to' for certain members of our family. My younger brother, who is in his early twenties, has never been around babies, and isn't comfortable when they are nearby. He most certainly doesn't want to touch one (egad!).

A couple of weekends ago we went boating at a local lake. My cousin, his wife, and their 9 month old baby boy were all there with us. My brother wasn't sure what to make of a 9 month old. He thought it was weird that it was in the in between stage: not quite infant, not quite toddler. "They come in that size?" he wanted to know. Well, no. But they do GROW to be that size .

It will be interesting to see how he behaves as an uncle. I'm thinking that it will take some getting used to for him, but that in the end he will adjust.

Well, we are now in the 26th week. Now I've started having dreams that C goes into labor early. Last night I dreamed that she went into labor this week. It was not a good dream. Twenty six weeks is way too early. I awoke this morning with the panic of the event still giving me a sick feeling in my stomach.

My guess is that this dream came about because C spent the evening last night saying that she hadn't felt Baby L moving all evening, and it was making her nervous. Apparently it made my subconscious nervous as well.

No worries there, though, because this morning Baby L is active again and moving. C describes the movements as Baby L adjusting the reading lamp. Ooooh! I hope Baby L likes to read.

Well, this has been kind of a rambled jumble of thoughts this morning. Not very focused on any specific event, but these are some of the thoughts I've been having over the last couple of weeks.

C has her last "4-week" appointment next week. After that, she switches to the 2-week schedule. So that will be exciting. This is getting close.

I guess I better get the boxes out of the spare room. It won't be spare for much longer.

We hope.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

The name thing was fun for us because we like unique names! I have to say L is a good letter! It's the first letter of my little girls name! LOVE it! Well, hope your wife is having a healthy pregnancy and don't worry- December will come soon enough! Enjoy the sleep and time with your wife now! You don't get much of it after the baby comes! I wish I had spent a little more one on one time with my hubby!

And the spoiled thing- yeah, that WILL definitely happen! Our's was the first little girl and grand-baby on both sides too!

Anonymous said...

You know, I know the fear of early labor, but 26 weeks is almost past the really dangerous stage now days. Babies that little can make it- not that you want to go that route, but it made me feel better to know that...

My first son was the first grandchild too, and to say he is the apple of thier eyes, even though a few more have come along I as true as can be. Enjoy the rest of the pregnancy- December will be here before you know it!