Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Tone, Topics, and Theme

As I've contemplated what I want to cover on this blog, I've had to make some editorial decisions on what kinds of things I want to say, in what tone to say it, and what themes I want to stick to.

For example, do I want to share my religious affiliation, or do I want to be more neutral? How much information do I want to give about myself and my family? I already maintain a hybrid personal/professional blog, and I want to do something different with this blog.

I intend to try to maintain more anonymity with this blog. I'll only tell you my first name. I'll refer to my family members and friends by first initial only. I hope you don't think I'm cowering in the shadows, but I think that a more anonymous type blog will give me more freedom of expression, since I'm actually fairly easy to find online anyway.

I've also decided to not hide my religious affiliation. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I don't intend to shove my beliefs down anyone's throat, but I think it is important for you to understand where I'm coming from, because my religious beliefs have helped me form the framework of my personal belief structure, my morals, and my outlook on life. So in this blog, as occasion dictates, you'll see LDS references, and you'll see that my beliefs and opinions are what they are in part because of the lens through which I see the world around me.

I share this with you so you will have a better understanding of where I'm coming from. This, however, is a parenting blog from a dad's perspective. That will the topic and theme. This will not be the place to discuss particular religious beliefs, and I won't approve comments that do so. Topics will be focused on the trials and joys of parenting. Comments that aren't inline with the posts will be deleted without ceremony.

Just so you know up front who I am and what I represent and how I plan to run things around here.

I hope you enjoy!

0 comments: