Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Snooze

To say you get less sleep with a new baby is like saying it's windy during a tornado.

I am lucky though: most days (and nights) are really not all that bad. N is a good sleeper at night and I am lucky enough to be a stay-at-home mom who can nap with him if the night was less restful than usual.

That being said, those first few moments of waking up to a fussy baby are the hardest for me. I woke up the other morning to find myself shoving the pacifier into N's ear. At first I couldn't figure out why he was still crying; turns out his reasons included both the lack of pacifier as well as one being stuck in his ear.

Conclusion: giving a waking-up baby a pacifier is a like pressing snooze on the alarm clock. It may give you a few more moments of sleep but they aren't all that restful and it only prolongs the inevitable.

0 comments: