Baby Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Event Planning with a Baby

This weekend I was on charge of a rather large event. It involved quite a bit of planning and quite a bit of work as the day got closer.
Last year I did a similar event and worked like crazy. I remember coming home tired to the bone and crashing. It was the next day we found out I was pregnant.

This year I recognized that I would not be able to keep up the same pace in preparation. For some reason having a 4-month-old really makes things happen at a different pace. And overall, I was successful in both the mothering of the day and the event itself. I took things an hour at a time, worked while he slept, got help for when he was awake, etc.

The only rough part for kiddo was going to sleep in a strange place (his stroller in a dark room) and having to wake up to come home.

Oh well, you can't win them all. But I won most of it!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the idea of this blog (hers in pink, his in blue and you both ACTUALLY POST!)

What a busy family you have! You are amazing to keep so involved.

Before I had kids, I remember taking care of my sisters five kids for a week. I was totally overwhelmed and exhausted all week and physically dead by 5pm. By the time I went home I was so depressed because I thought I'd never be able to manage kids of my own after how tired I'd been. The next day I found out I was pregnant and I felt much better about the fatigue!

Paul P said...

Thanks, Sarah for the comment.

If you want to know about the trickery that we use to get different background colors, let me know. It's a pretty neat trick, I have to say... :)